Cleaning Up After a Party :
Whether you are hosting a large party or a small get together, there will surely be something that you will have to clean up by the end of the night. This guide includes steps and tips to help you clean up quickly and efficiently to bring your home back to its normal state.
#1: Clean each room one by one
The first thing you should do is open the window to get some air circulating through your room. This will reduce or eliminate any smells from things like alcohol.
Remember, guests use normally more than one room for your party, Start by cleaning all the bathrooms that were accessible to guests, then all the other rooms. When cleaning the rooms, start with the room that is farthest from the kitchen and work your way towards the kitchen.
#2: Clean the bedrooms
Once you are done with all the bathrooms, it is time to clean all rooms that were accessible to guests during your party. As mentioned before, start with the furthest room from the kitchen and work your way towards the kitchen. This includes bedrooms, hallways and the living room. Start by tossing away trash. Make sure you look under furniture. Clear out any other clutter and organize things the way they usually are. If anything is out of place, like any room decorations, put them in their rightful spot.
#3: Go through the rooms
For carpet floors or rugs in your rooms:
- Ensure you use a vacuum as carpets can collect dirt and dust easily. Don’t forget corners or other hidden or hard to reach spots as they can become quite filthy.
- If there is a stain on the carpet, clean it up by first dabbing it with a wet cloth or paper towel, then use a stain removal solution or a natural stain remover such as baking soda, vinegar or lemon juice. Depending on the type of stain, you may need to repeat the process.
For wood floors:
- Use a vacuum to capture any dirt and dust.
- Make sure to clean wooden floors with a damp mop or cloth. Make sure it is not soaking wet as too much water can ruin the wood. Wait for the floor to dry before stepping or laying things down back on the floor.
For hard floors:
- First, use a vacuum to clean up dust and dirt.
- If there are any dirty spots that the vacuum couldn’t remove, you can clean it using water, soap and a scrub.
- Next, you can use a wet mop to finish off the floor and make it look sparkly clean.
- Make sure you look out for hairs that might get caught up on floors or any other surface. This can make your rooms feel dirty. They are hard to find, so make sure you closely inspect the floor.
- Clean the floor under any furniture. Move any furniture in your rooms aside and give it a nice sweep.
#4: Clean the kitchen
After a party, your kitchen might be left with dishes, cups and silverware all over the place. Be prepared for a heavy load of dishes. Next, look for any trash and junk like food crumbs that might have built up during the party. Look in hard to reach spots. After this, clean the kitchen by wiping the counters and floor. Get rid of stains by adding a kitchen cleaner to the mix.
#5: Post-Party Cleaning Checklist 2021
Check list : Open the curtains, windows, doors and get some air circulating, collect and dispose of all the empty bottles, declutter the Kitchen, Wipe Furniture and doors, Rotate and Fluff Cushions, Put Leftovers Away, Round-Up Garbage, immediately Load the Dishwasher,